DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question waterproofing basement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/113681-question-re-waterproofing-basement.html)

Konyoman July 17th 05 07:19 PM

Question waterproofing basement

I had my basement waterproofed 4 years ago and it seems that there is still
moisture coming in from underneath 2 windows. These windows are below grade
and are surrounded by metal window wells.

I am told by the waterproofing company that they did waterproof behind these
wells however when they were doing the digging 4 years ago, they did not
remove the well to get at the foundation wall. My guess is that at best,
the snaked new weeping tile underneath the well at the foundation footing.

My question is this...when waterproofing around window wells, what is the
proper procedure? Are you supposed to remove the metal well and stone,
waterproof and then replace everything?
thx