Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower gets hot and quits

I hope after 11 years he has gotten it fixed
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 09/13/2016 5:29 PM, wrote:
I hope after 11 years he has gotten it fixed

well, it should have cooled off, anyways...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I GET HOT AND QUITS

When pushing my mower around, I sometimes get hot and I just quit mowing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to JWitherspoon, Bob wrote:
Ancient thread, I know. But thank you, thank you, thank you for the gas cap
vent idea. Cured my problem immediately.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MARC'S "Lawnmower gets hot and quits"

On 6/24/2016 1:44 PM, Marc Belanger wrote:
it will only run again when cold.

Don't blame the lawnmower. Blame the lawn mower--that is, the one
mowing the lawn.
When I get hawt I quits, too. It's human nature.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2017 5:42 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

She should replace the hour plug with an all day one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 May 2017 22:06:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/3/2017 5:42 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

She should replace the hour plug with an all day one.

Does the unit have a "coil"?

They do heat, crack and let moister in. They really fail in heavy
rain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Sherman, Matty wrote:
This info may be old but it is the funniest string I have ever read. It is 12
years later now and I hope that "she" is OK and that "he" is happy with his
new wife.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Sherman, arlonadkinson wrote:
Stuck choke! B&S knows but does not fix it. A tiny spring is supposed to keep
it in open position but it is too weak if you get dirt on it!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to BocesLib, arlonadkinson wrote:
Stuck choke!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

What kind of hot is that?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2017 2:48 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

What kind of hot is that?

One makes me stop, the othe type just gets me started!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to ds549, harold wrote:
It is a riding mower i can put more gas in it and when i do it runs good

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 8:14:06 PM UTC-4, harold wrote:
replying to ds549, harold wrote:
It is a riding mower i can put more gas in it and when i do it runs good

We're so happy to hear that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate
% % is offline

Default Says his Lawnmower gets hot and quits

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate
% % is offline

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't

Idiot!

reliable source
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate

On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:29:27 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't

Idiot!

And you are a pedophile who deserves death.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate
% % is offline

On 2018-05-09 7:16 PM, Bricked wrote:
On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:29:27 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

It sounds like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.checkmate

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

that's a nice patch

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain positive gravity feed to carb
....fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 17:14:02 GMT, Woodysrepair
m wrote:

put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

....if the mower needed a block of wood to raise the tank, they would
have added it when they built the damn thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintainÂ* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 13:34:47 -0400, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Scrap pieces can be used for BBQ, low and slow smoking of meat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintainÂ* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Maybe it would help to use wood that is green?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Maybe it would help to use wood that is green?

No. Green wood would not produce the heat fer smokin' meat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duane Bozarth posted for all of us...

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

A brick or concrete block to turbo charge it!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Queenb wrote:
Already did that

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to JWitherspoon, BDATT wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray......That suggestion, was Point-On. Thanks A $Million$

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-5, BDATT wrote:
replying to JWitherspoon, BDATT wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray......That suggestion, was Point-On. Thanks A $Million$
--

Sadly JWitherspoon won't see your reply. "*12*" years ago he was abducted by Giant Mutant Gerbils from outer space. The Air Force was unable to intercept the Space Gerbil's flying saucer and it's feared that JWitherspoon was used as a sex slave before the Giant Mutant Space Gerbils ate him. It was a tragic loss for his family and friends. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Sherman, Michael J Tait wrote:
it's a 2015 420cc powermore, gets hot and wants to shut down?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to BocesLib, Michael J Tait wrote:
did all that.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to arlonadkinson, Michael J Tait wrote:
choke works fine.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to SQLit, Michael J Tait wrote:
new oil and filter.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to ds549, Michael J Tait wrote:
420cc ohv powermore riding mower

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to JWitherspoon, Michael J Tait wrote:
did all that

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm