DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lawnmower gets hot and quits (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/113600-lawnmower-gets-hot-quits.html)

[email protected] September 13th 16 11:29 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

I hope after 11 years he has gotten it fixed

dpb September 14th 16 12:37 AM

On 09/13/2016 5:29 PM, wrote:
I hope after 11 years he has gotten it fixed

well, it should have cooled off, anyways...

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] September 14th 16 01:29 PM

I GET HOT AND QUITS

When pushing my mower around, I sometimes get hot and I just quit mowing.

Bob[_72_] October 2nd 16 11:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to JWitherspoon, Bob wrote:
Ancient thread, I know. But thank you, thank you, thank you for the gas cap
vent idea. Cured my problem immediately.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...its-13294-.htm

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] October 3rd 16 12:17 PM

MARC'S "Lawnmower gets hot and quits"

On 6/24/2016 1:44 PM, Marc Belanger wrote:
it will only run again when cold.

Don't blame the lawnmower. Blame the lawn mower--that is, the one
mowing the lawn.
When I get hawt I quits, too. It's human nature.

Melisa G Cunningham May 3rd 17 07:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

itsjoannotjoann May 3rd 17 10:42 PM

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

Ed Pawlowski May 4th 17 03:06 AM

On 5/3/2017 5:42 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

She should replace the hour plug with an all day one.

Oren[_2_] May 4th 17 04:27 AM

On Wed, 3 May 2017 22:06:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/3/2017 5:42 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote:
That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My
next option is to replace the coil.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again
the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be
expected.

She should replace the hour plug with an all day one.

Does the unit have a "coil"?

They do heat, crack and let moister in. They really fail in heavy
rain.

Matty June 28th 17 02:44 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Sherman, Matty wrote:
This info may be old but it is the funniest string I have ever read. It is 12
years later now and I hope that "she" is OK and that "he" is happy with his
new wife.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

arlonadkinson August 18th 17 11:44 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Sherman, arlonadkinson wrote:
Stuck choke! B&S knows but does not fix it. A tiny spring is supposed to keep
it in open position but it is too weak if you get dirt on it!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

arlonadkinson August 18th 17 11:44 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to BocesLib, arlonadkinson wrote:
Stuck choke!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Ed Pawlowski August 19th 17 01:27 AM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= August 19th 17 07:48 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

What kind of hot is that?

--
Tekkie

Ed Pawlowski August 19th 17 09:05 PM

On 8/19/2017 2:48 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

What kind of hot is that?

One makes me stop, the othe type just gets me started!

harold May 10th 18 01:14 AM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to ds549, harold wrote:
It is a riding mower i can put more gas in it and when i do it runs good

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

trader_4 May 10th 18 01:46 AM

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 8:14:06 PM UTC-4, harold wrote:
replying to ds549, harold wrote:
It is a riding mower i can put more gas in it and when i do it runs good

We're so happy to hear that.

% May 10th 18 02:23 AM

Says his Lawnmower gets hot and quits

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't

% May 10th 18 02:32 AM

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't

Idiot!

reliable source

Bricked May 10th 18 03:16 AM

Says his Lawnmower gets hot and quits

On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:29:27 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"

On 2018-05-09 6:21 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

no it doesn't

Idiot!

And you are a pedophile who deserves death.

% May 10th 18 03:18 AM

David May 10th 18 07:31 AM

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

It sounds like it.

David May 10th 18 01:58 PM

Says his Lawnmower gets hot and quits

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

that's a nice patch

Woodysrepair June 8th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain positive gravity feed to carb
....fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Oren[_2_] June 8th 18 06:28 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 17:14:02 GMT, Woodysrepair
m wrote:

put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

....if the mower needed a block of wood to raise the tank, they would
have added it when they built the damn thing.

Duane Bozarth June 8th 18 06:34 PM

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintainÂ* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

Oren[_2_] June 8th 18 06:51 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 13:34:47 -0400, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Scrap pieces can be used for BBQ, low and slow smoking of meat.

Bill[_91_] June 8th 18 07:00 PM

wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintainÂ* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Maybe it would help to use wood that is green?

Oren[_2_] June 8th 18 09:37 PM

wrote:

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

In Texas it would be post oak. In California it would be red oak.

Maybe it would help to use wood that is green?

No. Green wood would not produce the heat fer smokin' meat.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= June 8th 18 09:57 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

Duane Bozarth posted for all of us...

On 06/08/2018 01:14 PM, Woodysrepair wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote:
The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the
bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs
to be at least couple inches above to maintain* positive gravity feed to carb
...fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

A brick or concrete block to turbo charge it!

--
Tekkie

Queenb June 14th 18 01:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Queenb wrote:
Already did that

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

BDATT July 17th 18 07:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to JWitherspoon, BDATT wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray......That suggestion, was Point-On. Thanks A $Million$

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Uncle Monster[_2_] July 18th 18 10:32 AM

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-5, BDATT wrote:
replying to JWitherspoon, BDATT wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray......That suggestion, was Point-On. Thanks A $Million$
--

Sadly JWitherspoon won't see your reply. "*12*" years ago he was abducted by Giant Mutant Gerbils from outer space. The Air Force was unable to intercept the Space Gerbil's flying saucer and it's feared that JWitherspoon was used as a sex slave before the Giant Mutant Space Gerbils ate him. It was a tragic loss for his family and friends. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to Sherman, Michael J Tait wrote:
it's a 2015 420cc powermore, gets hot and wants to shut down?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to BocesLib, Michael J Tait wrote:
did all that.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to arlonadkinson, Michael J Tait wrote:
choke works fine.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to SQLit, Michael J Tait wrote:
new oil and filter.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to ds549, Michael J Tait wrote:
420cc ohv powermore riding mower

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm

Michael J Tait July 20th 18 06:14 PM

Lawnmower gets hot and quits

replying to JWitherspoon, Michael J Tait wrote:
did all that

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...its-13294-.htm