Default Freezer has crack

I have a standard upright freezer, opened it and realized that the kids
must of let one of their "blender creations" fall and smash to the
bottom, where there was sticky mess of honey and raspberry.

In the fall, the blender must have struck the bottom at an angle,
because now there is a 3/4" crack in the plastic at the bottom of the
freezer. This isn't actually the freezer bottom, but part of the
outside plastic that comes up and over the bottom of the freezer and
overlaps maybe 4-6" inside the the freezer.

I'm thinking it probably does not require anything. But maybe I am
wrong? If it does need patching, a glob of marine expoxy to basically
seal it?

At least the marine epoxy heats up pretty good as it sets and I imagine
anything else would have a hard time setting up, unless I turn off the
freezer for a couple of days and I'd rather avoid that....

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

I'm thinking it probably does not require anything. But maybe I am
wrong? If it does need patching, a glob of marine expoxy to basically
seal it?

At least the marine epoxy heats up pretty good as it sets and I imagine
anything else would have a hard time setting up, unless I turn off the
freezer for a couple of days and I'd rather avoid that....

It can leak some air but it is not a major disaster. Problem is, most
adhesives do not still well to that type of plastic. I'd try the epoxy
since it is not a structural problem, just a matter of sealing it.

TURTLE

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

This is Turtle.

They have Gray Epoxie by J.B. Weld which cures in 15 minutes.

the only reason you would do anything about this thing is sealing to hold the
air or cool air in.

TURTLE

Thanks for the help, folks. Sounds like an epoxy fix is the way to go!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to TURTLE, Bill wrote:
this does not work. my freezer still ices up

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ack-13188-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/2019 10:14 PM, Bill wrote:
replying to TURTLE, Bill wrote:
this does not work. my freezer still ices up

Well after 14 years from the original post, Turtle is going to be sad
his idea did not work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 02:14:01 +0000, Bill
m wrote:

replying to TURTLE, Bill wrote:
this does not work. my freezer still ices up

You shoudn't freeze crack. It dries it out.

And definitely don't re-freeze it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to TURTLE, Bill wrote:
this does not work. my freezer still ices up

You shoudn't freeze crack. It dries it out.

And definitely don't re-freeze it.

I thought that to and had to read the old post.

Repairing a small crack in poured basement abacus Home Repair 7 July 15th 04 04:53 AM
Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 06:39 PM
Hotpoint fridge freezer - freezer failure [email protected] UK diy 2 August 13th 03 08:06 PM
Refrigerator freezer knob stuck, wont turn jim Home Repair 3 July 22nd 03 05:41 PM