DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Putting two exposed work electrical boxes next to each other. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/113150-putting-two-exposed-work-electrical-boxes-next-each-other.html)

[email protected] July 11th 05 09:20 PM

Putting two exposed work electrical boxes next to each other.

I want to put two 4" square exposed work (metal) electrical boxes next
to each other. They will not be against each other because the
faceplate won't allow that. Other than that small gap, they will be
next to each other. My question is that I want wiring between the two.
Do I just remove knockouts between them and use that way or do I have
to out them far enough apart to use conduit fittings? Or can I get a
gromet for this?

Doug July 12th 05 04:42 AM

wrote in news:1121113250.738445.77210
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I want to put two 4" square exposed work (metal) electrical boxes next
to each other. They will not be against each other because the
faceplate won't allow that. Other than that small gap, they will be
next to each other. My question is that I want wiring between the two.
Do I just remove knockouts between them and use that way or do I have
to out them far enough apart to use conduit fittings? Or can I get a
gromet for this?

There's a fitting called a box spacer that can be used for this. It leaves
a roughly 1/4" gap.

Doug