DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I buy "Inside Windows" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/113016-where-can-i-buy-%22inside-windows%22.html)

Walter R. July 11th 05 04:32 AM

Where can I buy "Inside Windows"

I would like to noiseproof my den. In a previous house I did this by
installing aluminum dual tracks around the inside perimeter of the existing
window opening and by then inserting a sliding window panel in each track.
In effect, this provides dual-pane windows for noise control.

Does anyone know where I can buy this system, or something similar, in the
South-Western US? I tried local glass shops in San Diego without luck.

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Pagan July 11th 05 05:18 AM

"Walter R." wrote in message
I would like to noiseproof my den. In a previous house I did this by
installing aluminum dual tracks around the inside perimeter of the

existing
window opening and by then inserting a sliding window panel in each track.
In effect, this provides dual-pane windows for noise control.

Does anyone know where I can buy this system, or something similar, in the
South-Western US? I tried local glass shops in San Diego without luck.

Don't know, but you might want to check out Milgard Windows. They make the
best windows in S. CA, and since I put them in, my house has been silent as
a tomb.

Pagan