DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help with fireplace insert install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112999-help-fireplace-insert-install.html)

big head July 10th 05 06:25 PM

Help with fireplace insert install

Hi. I am looking at a used fireplace insert in very good condition, I
have checked to make sure it fits my fireplace, but I have a question.
I want to run a flue liner from the insert to the top of the chimney.
But how do I pass the liner through the damper?
The damper runs the width of the fireplace, about 29 inches and a flap
open upwards and back. the flap is 5 1/2 inches wide. So I have to
pass the liner through a 5 1/2 inch by 29 inch rectangle. Does someone
make an adapter for these situations? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Art July 10th 05 06:39 PM

The insert you are looking at may not be appropriate for your fireplace.
Sounds like you have a real fireplace like mine. It required a zero
clearance unit and 2 flexible stainless steel ducts when up the chimney....
one for exhaust and the other for intake.

oups.com...

big head July 10th 05 10:40 PM

I've seen lots of real fireplaces with inserts, there must be a way.
Zero clearance units are for when you dont have a real fireplace.

John Galbreath Jr. July 12th 05 02:19 AM

Look he Wood Relining
http://www.FireLogs.com/PDF/DV-DuraLiner-Catalog.pdf
http://www.FireLogs.com/PDF/DV-DuraL...rice-DL04A.pdf

Note: This is my commercial web site. We sell this product at 20% off the
prices in the PDF.

John Galbreath Jr.
http://www.FireLogs.com
mailto: