Default Help - Freezer door won't stay shut

I have a two year old Sears refrigerator with a freezer compartment on
the bottom. In the past couple of weeks the magnets holding the
freezer door closed are not longer effective; every time the
refrigerator door above it is shut the freezer swings open.

What are some possible causes of this? Is there an easy fix? I'd
rather not pay for a repairman to come to the house if it's a simple
problem.

TIA.

Stretch

Don't shut it so hard and fast. There s a duct carrying cold air from
the freezer section to the refrigerator section. When you close the
door hard, a pressure wave travels through that duct and opens the door
to the other section. The freezer compartment is usually smaller so
there is less volume to absorb the air pulse traveling through the
duct. f you close the refrigerator door slower, the air will go out
around the refrigerator door and not travel through the duct between
compartments.

Stretch

toller

I don't know much about freezers, but that won't stop me from offering
advice...

My refrigerator door wouldn't stay shut. We paid the service man $100 to
replace the hinges. After I saw how easy the fix was, I felt rather silly
about not having done it myself.

Our freezer frequently will not stay closed. The problem is always
something sticking out a bit too far; but I am sure you have made sure that
is not the cause.

m Ransley

Raise the front adjustable legs , it may be set level or not angled
enough. Try cleaning the magnetic strip, if it is black it is mold ,
use bleach.