DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Remodeling Patio on Slab Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112967-remodeling-patio-slab-question.html)

[email protected] July 9th 05 06:33 PM

Remodeling Patio on Slab Question

Hi, I have a concrete slab for a patio. It is about 30 years old.
Solid as a rock :). Is it possible to give it a new look buy putting
some kind of tile or stone or something I haven't thought about? Or do
I have to dig the whole slab up (which I am not going to do.)

Thank you for any help.

[email protected] July 9th 05 07:48 PM

One can add a number of different surfaces to an outside slab.
What limits are you working with?
Door sill above slab; climate...
Visit a first rate tile / stone store for ideas.
Perhaps you could grind or stain the concrete.
TB

Sue July 10th 05 08:26 PM

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi, I have a concrete slab for a patio. It is about 30 years old.
Solid as a rock :). Is it possible to give it a new look buy putting
some kind of tile or stone or something I haven't thought about? Or do
I have to dig the whole slab up (which I am not going to do.)

Thank you for any help.

We have the same thing. Sunset mag last month had an article about an
old concrete slab patio that the writer scored with a saw to give a
tile look and then stained. We are planning to do this to ours, and then
either do a transparent stain or acid stain (still haven't decided). I
think it will be a cool look.