DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dehumidifier problems (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112308-dehumidifier-problems.html)

SilverUnicorn July 7th 05 02:03 AM

Dehumidifier problems

Hi all!

I have a Hampton Bay 40 Pint Dehumidifoer in our basement. It seems the
compressor is not turning on at all.

The unit is 4 years old. The fan runs fine, the coils are clean, but not
matter the setting, the compressor does not ever kick on. Any ideas on an
easy fix or it it easier and cheaper to get a new one?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Appliance Repair Aid July 7th 05 03:45 AM

SilverUnicorn wrote:
Hi all!

I have a Hampton Bay 40 Pint Dehumidifoer in our basement. It seems the
compressor is not turning on at all.

The unit is 4 years old. The fan runs fine, the coils are clean, but not
matter the setting, the compressor does not ever kick on. Any ideas on an
easy fix or it it easier and cheaper to get a new one?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi,

*If* your unit has a frost gaurd, that is one thing that can fail open
and prevent the compressor from running but the fan will still work.

Bad compressor, bad compressor start relay/overload are other possible
trouble makers. If it is the compressor itself, they -usually- have a 5
year parts warranty. Check your warranty in the use&care guide.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/