John Keith

Default decorative concrete cover

I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about
this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:

1) What category in the yellow pages will I look to find a supplier of
such a covering?

2) By nature of their content the surface of these finishes is a
little rough, are they easy to shovel snow in the winter?

3) How durable are these finishes, will they hold up over time?

4) What is the minimum thickness of these finishes?

5) Can these treatments be appplied to the riser of a step?

6) Can a DIYer get the supplies and do this job?

John Keith

G Henslee

John Keith wrote:
I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about
this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:

http://www.pebbletec.com/pebble_tec.htm
G Henslee

G Henslee wrote:
John Keith wrote:

I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about
this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:

http://www.pebbletec.com/pebble_tec.htm

Known as epoxy rock also. http://tinyurl.com/9xvoc
m Ransley

diy , you know nothing,,,,,,

cb

John Keith wrote:
I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about
this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:

1) What category in the yellow pages will I look to find a supplier of
such a covering?

2) By nature of their content the surface of these finishes is a
little rough, are they easy to shovel snow in the winter?

3) How durable are these finishes, will they hold up over time?

4) What is the minimum thickness of these finishes?

5) Can these treatments be appplied to the riser of a step?

6) Can a DIYer get the supplies and do this job?

John Keith

You might want to take a look at Spreadrock by Daich Coatings.
(
http://www.daichcoatings.com/sprpage.html)

I covered my 1950's yellow countertops, including front edge and
backsplash with Flint Grey this Spring and did the backdoor step this
week. Very happy with both results.

The material can be applied to vertical surfaces and 90 degree edges.
Preparation of the surface is key.

The website has clear instructions, a photo gallery of posibilities, and
dealer locater.

Rudy

"John Keith" wrote in message
I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front
porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is
a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?)
and then applied to the concrete surface.

This is the stuff you're looking for

http://www.homehardware.ca/html/ep/techstone.htm