DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gable or Roof Mount Attic Fan? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112241-gable-roof-mount-attic-fan.html)

[email protected] July 4th 05 09:04 PM

Gable or Roof Mount Attic Fan?

I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this
group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question
that's probably been asked in this newsgroup befo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan
versus a roof mounted one?

G Henslee July 4th 05 09:14 PM

wrote:
I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this
group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question
that's probably been asked in this newsgroup befo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan
versus a roof mounted one?

We're too lazy to answer...

TURTLE July 5th 05 01:46 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this
group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question
that's probably been asked in this newsgroup befo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan
versus a roof mounted one?

This is Turtle.

Looks is just about all the difference. You don't see the gable mount at all but
the roof mount you will see it.

TURTLE

Joseph Meehan July 5th 05 02:05 AM

wrote:
I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this
group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question
that's probably been asked in this newsgroup befo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan
versus a roof mounted one?

Personally I would try to provide passive (no motor) ventilation if at
all possible in most areas. There are some areas and constructions where
this will not work well however. In that case either gable or roof works
well, sometimes one or the other may be easier to put in but that depends on
your construction.

Be sure to have sufficient inlets and sufficient capacity for your roof
area. No undersized system is any good.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Evodawg July 5th 05 04:18 AM

wrote:
I was too lazy to scan through all the search results I got from this
group. Perhaps some of you would indulge me for asking a question
that's probably been asked in this newsgroup befo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gable mounted attic fan
versus a roof mounted one?

Gable, it you don't have to cut a hole in the roof don't!!!!

I'll keep it stupid simple

Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX