DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moss/Mildew Cleaning 50 yr old brick. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112163-moss-mildew-cleaning-50-yr-old-brick.html)

[email protected] July 1st 05 04:32 PM

Moss/Mildew Cleaning 50 yr old brick.

I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

SQLit July 1st 05 04:37 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

Start with a power washer.

Main Man July 1st 05 06:19 PM

watch mortar with pressure washer; Good old Jeyes fluid is good at
killing moss, but thanks to the EC can no longer state so on the tin!

m Ransley July 1st 05 06:39 PM

Use bleach first, a garden sprayer makes it easy, bleach will kill mold
acid wont. If you want it cleaner a mild scrubing or powerwasher will
do. If you still want it cleaner then muriatic acid and a powerwash.
after it is clean regular spraying with bleach will keep off the mold.

[email protected] July 1st 05 09:33 PM

You might want to check the BIA (Brick Industry) web site.
The Tech Notes have a lot of info.
TB

TURTLE July 2nd 05 02:35 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

This is Turtle.

Bleach + Hand Sprayer = Mildew gone.

TURTLE