DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   furnace leaking (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112130-furnace-leaking.html)

Mike Cummins June 30th 05 05:07 AM

furnace leaking

I have an older model Sears furnace. Furnace is in the house and the A/C is
on a pad outside. Noticed water on the floor today (newly refinished
hardwood). I took off the outside panels on the furnace and there's plenty
of leakage. Seems to be just water.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,
mc

lp13-30 June 30th 05 05:22 AM

A/C condensate drain line is most likely stopped up. It will be on the
bottom of the a/c coil just above the furnace. If it drains outside, try
to hook up a wetvac to the pipe outside and suck the crud out of the
pipe from the outside. If it goes into the sewer, disconnect it and blow
it out. There are other possible causes beside the line itself, but they
are best left to an a/c tech. Larry

RP June 30th 05 05:25 AM

Mike Cummins wrote:

I have an older model Sears furnace. Furnace is in the house and the A/C is
on a pad outside. Noticed water on the floor today (newly refinished
hardwood). I took off the outside panels on the furnace and there's plenty
of leakage. Seems to be just water.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Find the other end of the condensate line.

hvacrmedic