DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   motion sensor light stuck on dusk-to-dawn mode (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112102-motion-sensor-light-stuck-dusk-dawn-mode.html)

E Gregory June 28th 05 09:57 PM

motion sensor light stuck on dusk-to-dawn mode

Hello,
I have an older motion sensor light which refuses to be reset to
regular motion sensing mode. After a power outage it switched to
dusk-to-dawn mode and won't budge. I've tried using the wall switch to
reset it to regular mode, doesn't work. I've tried changing the
positions of the little switch on the light itself, still doesn't work.
Could something have gotten fried when the power went out to cause
this behaviour? Any tricks that I could try to make it work properly??
Thanks,
Eileen

Rob Mills June 29th 05 12:07 AM

"E Gregory" wrote in message

After a power outage it switched to dusk-to-dawn mode and won't
budge.

A power outage destroyed one of mine, luckily ($50 lights) it was one of
Home Depot's that had a life time warranty and I still had the receipt.
It's the rapid on and off during outages that gets them, I had two on the
same circuit and it just got the one. RM~