DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Advantages and Disadvantages: Vinyl vs. Wood Replacement Windows (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111991-advantages-disadvantages-vinyl-vs-wood-replacement-windows.html)

Rick June 24th 05 11:28 PM

Advantages and Disadvantages: Vinyl vs. Wood Replacement Windows

What are the advantages and disadvantages of vinyl vs. wood replacement
windows ? Are there ways for a non-home-builder to assess with some
confidence whether a window product shown by a salesperson (all are
presented as *exactly* what we need) is a good quality one ? I live in
Minnesota and will be replacing my wood windows this summer -
struggling with the type. Thanks.

Rick