DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   screening under deck (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111910-screening-under-deck.html)

DJ June 21st 05 10:35 PM

screening under deck

Hi,

Deck height: 12 Feet
Deck size: 12 x 12
Cement Pad 13 x 13
Dry Deck installed (rain coming at an angle does defeat the purpose)

Goal: Provide shelter from rain and pesky bugs.

Plan:
- Building frame for 2 feet up from cement to be finished with Cedar
lapsiding on the outside & pressure treated Carbox siding on the inside.

The Question: What would you recommend in using for the backing for the
Cedar Lapsiding? The lower framing has enough nailing surface to do the
Cedar Lapsiding by itself.

I was thinking about going with Pressure treated Plywood (4 x 8 sheet) as
the backing then nailing the Cedar Lapsiding unto it. On the inside, the
plan was to just nail the PT Carbox siding directly unto the PT studs.

Note: I know that the walls won't be weather proof, because I will only be
simple screens built unto the framing. There won't be any actual windows.

Thanks!