DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag DW rack maintenance? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111851-maytag-dw-rack-maintenance.html)

nospambob June 19th 05 07:47 PM

Maytag DW rack maintenance?

Our Jetclean EQ Plus is nearing 5 years in use and a start of rust is
appearing in the rack at a joint or two. Options?

Art June 19th 05 11:32 PM

I believe the racks have a long warranty against rusting. Check your
paperwork and if I am right bitch to Maytag.

Luke June 20th 05 02:26 AM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:32:35 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

"nospambob" wrote in message
.. .
Our Jetclean EQ Plus is nearing 5 years in use and a start of rust is
appearing in the rack at a joint or two. Options?

I believe the racks have a long warranty against rusting. Check your
paperwork and if I am right bitch to Maytag.

FWIW my Maytag dishwasher has a 5 year warranty on the nylon coated
racks, so the OP should call Maytag immediately.

--
Luke
"This Republican Party of Lincoln has become a party of theocracy."

Appliance Repair Aid June 20th 05 04:13 AM

nospambob wrote:
Our Jetclean EQ Plus is nearing 5 years in use and a start of rust is
appearing in the rack at a joint or two. Options?

Hi,

Our Jetclean EQ Plus

Above does little to ID the d/w...model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

-Some- racks had a 2 year warranty, -some- had a 5 year
warranty...check your use and care manual.

If no warranty left, there are some good rack touch up available...
http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-dish.html#rusting

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

nospambob June 20th 05 03:55 PM

Didn't look far enough yesterday and today found model # MDB9100AWB.
Paperwork shows 5 year rack warranty on DuraGuard so will check it
out. Thanks.

Appliance Repair Aid June 20th 05 07:12 PM

nospambob wrote:
Didn't look far enough yesterday and today found model # MDB9100AWB.
Paperwork shows 5 year rack warranty on DuraGuard so will check it
out. Thanks.

Hi,

Paperwork shows 5 year rack warranty on DuraGuard

Good deal! :)

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

nospambob June 21st 05 11:26 AM

Bought May 2000 and delivered July 2000 preparing for kitchen remodel.
Called seller with data and they returned the call with news a
replacement will be sent shortly for $14.00 S&H fee despite 5 years
and a month. I hadn't thought about warranty and certainly appreciate
suggestions posted here!

Appliance Repair Aid June 21st 05 12:20 PM

nospambob wrote:
Bought May 2000 and delivered July 2000 preparing for kitchen remodel.
Called seller with data and they returned the call with news a
replacement will be sent shortly for $14.00 S&H fee despite 5 years
and a month. I hadn't thought about warranty and certainly appreciate
suggestions posted here!

Thankx for the update!!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Edwin Pawlowski June 21st 05 03:54 PM

"nospambob" wrote in message
Bought May 2000 and delivered July 2000 preparing for kitchen remodel.
Called seller with data and they returned the call with news a
replacement will be sent shortly for $14.00 S&H fee despite 5 years
and a month. I hadn't thought about warranty and certainly appreciate
suggestions posted here!

Thanks for hte update. Nice to know some companies still stand behind their
products.