DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   double hinged screen door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111501-double-hinged-screen-door.html)

siralfred June 17th 05 12:51 AM

double hinged screen door

Has anyone ever installed a screen door with double acting hinges
(swings both ways) and managed to keep the bugs out? Is there a simple
solution to the need to seal all edges, e.g. sweep all around as on the
bottom? Is it just a crazy idea?

SQLit June 17th 05 02:52 AM

"siralfred" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone ever installed a screen door with double acting hinges
(swings both ways) and managed to keep the bugs out? Is there a simple
solution to the need to seal all edges, e.g. sweep all around as on the
bottom? Is it just a crazy idea?

Yep crazy,

Normal screens back up to a stop, ( a piece of wood). If you reduce the size
of the door so it can swing both ways you will let in insects.

siralfred June 18th 05 02:32 AM

I get that. My question is if there's a sweep type seal (or anything I
haven't heard of) that has been proven to work in keeping that gap
closed and the insects out.