Robert11

Default Yard Machines (MTD) Or Homelite For String trimmer ?

Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard
Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

G Henslee

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard
Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Man, I wouldn't do it if I were you. Spend the extra dough - once. Or
spend the $70 range - often.

btw, the biggest pos I've ever had the pleasure of slamming into the
garbage can was a crappo "Green Machine" I bought at Target for $69.

I recommend Echo or reasonable facsimile.
Joseph Meehan

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by
Yard Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Consider a battery operated one. I have one now and there is no going
back for me. I love it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Tony Hwang

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by
Yard Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Consider a battery operated one. I have one now and there is no going
back for me. I love it.

Hi,
Until the battery does not hold charge any more?
Tony
G Henslee

Tony Hwang wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by
Yard Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Consider a battery operated one. I have one now and there is no
going back for me. I love it.

Hi,
Until the battery does not hold charge any more?
Tony

I had a Ryobi thats battery died after about a year. It was a number of
years ago and they probably make better units now, but I find the 2
cycle Echo best for my purposes.

Tony Hwang

Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard
Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Hi,
To me lo cost is more cost = false economy. Buy good one, keep it LONG
time is the way to go, IMO. Not considering the frustration to go with
lo cost one.
Tony
Art Todesco

I have a Homelite trimmer and leaf
blower. Some may argue these are not
"Tim Allen" hardened. However, for home
use these are pretty good. I
had a Paramount trimmer (from Builders'
Square (K-Mart)) and it was
horrible ... went for $10 at a garage
sale.

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard
Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Joseph Meehan

Tony Hwang wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker
variety.
The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by
Yard Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand
is "better"

Thanks,
B.

Consider a battery operated one. I have one now and there is no
going back for me. I love it.

Hi,
Until the battery does not hold charge any more?
Tony

I'm on year three now and if they only last two years it would be worth
it. I got a set of trimmer, blower and hedge shears with three batteries.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Christian

The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard
Machines which I guess is MTD, and
one by Homelite.

I bought a MTD 3 years ago at Kent (canadian hardware store) for 99$ CAN and
it works really good. it's a 25cc 2 cycle engine. Nothing fancy but it works
:c)

Christian

Squanklin

I also have a Homelite leaf blower and have enjoyed a reliable machine
for about a year. Given, it's light to moderate use; but I've enjoyed
it - and its mulching capacity too.

Don't know how their weed whackers stack up. I have a Ryobi that was
$20-30 more than your $70, and it's been fantastic.

Good luck!
Squanklin