Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dean

Default Basement pipes (from well) wet when humid. What to do?

Is there a fix for this? Condensation is dripping all over the cold
water pipes (from the well) in my basement during humid weather. Its
not just the pipes but the filter tank too. Should I just wrap them up
in insulation, or can I add a small pipe heater or something like that
to take the chill off?

I wrapped up the system in my previous house, but it seemed to just
spread the problem further along the plumbing system, presumably
because the cold water was never warming up in the insulated part.

Any help appreciated.

Dean

Best way to finish outside basement door Fr@nk Home Repair 0 April 2nd 05 10:54 PM
Removing mineral buildup on copper plumbing pipes in basement Davma Home Repair 2 January 26th 05 01:44 PM
How to seal hole in basement floor from well pipes??? Lissa Home Repair 11 November 1st 04 06:08 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Advice needed on new basement - sump hole higher than rest of basement Doug Swetland Home Ownership 1 September 24th 03 06:09 PM