DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gum Removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111204-gum-removal.html)

Ross Mac June 12th 05 08:01 PM

Gum Removal

We have some carpet in a store we recently purchased that has gum stuck to
it in a few places. Any suggestions on how to remove this? The carpet is
that short napped, grey office type you see everywhere. Thanks in advance
for any help....Ross

Charlie Bress June 12th 05 08:40 PM

Look for Spot Shot. It works well on most stuff on a carpet. Be careful not
to saturate the area. It will also soften the backer and the cement on the
back.

or check this site http://www.fabriclink.com/Carpet/Carpetstain.html

Charlie

Hi Ho Silver June 13th 05 12:58 AM

If you are talking about chewing gum, and if there is not a lot of it, the
classic treatment is to freeze it with ice and it should come right off.

Stormin Mormon June 13th 05 02:00 AM

the typical advice is to freeze it. I'd sugest a can of "dust off" from the
office store. Hold the can upside down, and spray the vaporizing liquid onto
the gum. Then whack the gum with a hammer, quicklike vacuum up the frozen
pieces.

I'm sure others will refine my ideas, and improve on them.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus