DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about Stanley Garage Door Opener (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111085-question-about-stanley-garage-door-opener.html)

F.H. June 11th 05 07:03 PM

Question about Stanley Garage Door Opener

Just replaced the chain and cable. Made no other changes or
adjustments. Door opens and closes fine but in order for the remote to
work I have to be very close. (checked all batteries) TIA for any help.

Frank

[email protected] June 11th 05 07:37 PM

Is the antenna (thin wire) still hanging down through the small hole in
the bottom of the cover?

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

F.H. June 11th 05 09:32 PM

wrote:
Is the antenna (thin wire) still hanging down through the small hole in
the bottom of the cover?

That was my first guess. Didn't know for sure if it was the antenna. I
had tied it up inside. I took it out and it improved some but not back
to where it was.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Tony Hwang June 11th 05 10:44 PM

F.H. wrote:
wrote:

Is the antenna (thin wire) still hanging down through the small hole in
the bottom of the cover?

That was my first guess. Didn't know for sure if it was the antenna. I
had tied it up inside. I took it out and it improved some but not back
to where it was.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Hi,
If it's hanging down, try with stretched horizontal.
Or make the wire longer. Or receiver may be slightly out of tune.
Tony

F.H. June 11th 05 11:28 PM

Tony Hwang wrote:
F.H. wrote:

wrote:

Is the antenna (thin wire) still hanging down through the small hole in
the bottom of the cover?

That was my first guess. Didn't know for sure if it was the antenna.
I had tied it up inside. I took it out and it improved some but not
back to where it was.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Hi,
If it's hanging down, try with stretched horizontal.
Or make the wire longer. Or receiver may be slightly out of tune.
Tony

Stripped it, put it through the hole, (was sticking out the back) and
stripped the wire back about a quarter inch. Good as ever. Thanks