Old June 9th 05, 04:24 AM
Dan C

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:23:55 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I fill it until it is hard enough to
not sag when loaded. This is not like a finely tuned race car at 185 mph
where a couple of pounds means losing control in the turns.

Speak for yourself. Some of us do indeed run high performance
wheelbarrows, and losing control in a turn with a full load of compost
onboard could be very ugly indeed.

I generally keep mine at 92.5 pounds (cold).

Linux Registered User #327951

Old June 9th 05, 04:31 AM
ameijers

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Mine is 35. I know this because I have to fill the darn thing up every

time
I use it - it has a slow leak so I always have to drag out the compressor.

Take it to a full-service tire store (one that also does farm-industrial
tires) and pay them 20 bucks to put a new tube or whatever in it. I did that
for a handtruck with leaky Chinese tubes in the tires, and it was worth the
money to watch the big tire guy fighting with those tiny rims, jumping on
them to set the beads, etc. I about bust a gut trying not to laugh. And it
hasn't leaked down in 8 years.

aem sends...

Old June 9th 05, 01:44 PM
No

I just put air in it when it looks low, until its solid. If it compresses
too much with a load I know I need some air.

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

Old June 10th 05, 03:59 AM
Phisherman

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:17:56 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:44:38 -0400, Ultraglide
wrote:

I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

Mine is 50

Years old or PSI?

Steve

Mine is 51 and 50.
Old June 10th 05, 07:32 AM
Rudy

Whatever pressure makes the tire "look good" when fully loaded.

If yer hauling sawdust or garden debris, maybe 15 lbs.
A big load of rocks in a 5 CF barrow, probably 40
YMMV