Joe

Default Auto dent repair kit/s opinion

Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the
infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits
available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major body
shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by hail damage
to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place and had them all
removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a paint job. It seems that
someone who is half way handy ought to be able to buy something and repair
ones own dents at home without paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

JohnH

Joe wrote:
Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the
infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits
available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major
body shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by
hail damage to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place
and had them all removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a
paint job. It seems that someone who is half way handy ought to be
able to buy something and repair ones own dents at home without
paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

google "pdr paintless dent repair"

It takes a skill to do correctly.

Art

THose guys get special training on wierd tools. I've used Dent Wizard and
they did a terrific job. No way an amateur could get same results. I did
buy a dent pulling tool for a dent in a garage door but it did not do the
trick. Probably not the same flexible metal used in cars plus the dent was
not the right type for pulling.

"Joe" wrote in message news:zrGpe.26035$_o.434@attbi_s71...
Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the
infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits
available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major body
shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by hail
damage
to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place and had them all
removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a paint job. It seems that
someone who is half way handy ought to be able to buy something and repair
ones own dents at home without paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

Stormin Mormon

My sister pulled out a dent one time with a toilet plunger. No ship! At
least that's what she told me.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Joe" wrote in message news:zrGpe.26035$_o.434@attbi_s71...
Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the
infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits
available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major body
shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by hail damage
to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place and had them all
removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a paint job. It seems that
someone who is half way handy ought to be able to buy something and repair
ones own dents at home without paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

Oscar_Lives

"Joe" wrote in message news:zrGpe.26035$_o.434@attbi_s71...
Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the
infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits
available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major body
shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by hail
damage
to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place and had them all
removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a paint job. It seems that
someone who is half way handy ought to be able to buy something and repair
ones own dents at home without paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

Google the tools, or watch E-bay. The tools are available at many different
price ranges.

PDR isn't magic. It takes an understanding of the forces on the material,
knowlege of correct tool selection and usage, and a good dose of patience.

Good luck!

LDR

In article , cayoung61-
says...
My sister pulled out a dent one time with a toilet plunger. No ship! At
least that's what she told me.

Actually, plungers are made specifically for body repair and they do
work for the type of damage they are intended for. It does take skill
and feel and patience to get body repair right; my advice is to pass
this one by, you'll most likely make it worse and more expensive in the
long run. Even scratches that you can't feel with your fingernail can be
challenging.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Opinion on Panasonic TAU Repair Arthur Shapiro Electronics Repair 1 December 1st 04 02:42 PM
Auto armrest repair Martik Home Repair 3 March 2nd 04 05:11 AM
How to repair an UFO? Adam Ben Nalois Electronics Repair 27 January 18th 04 03:37 AM
Sony auto CD player repair question tempus fugit Electronics Repair 5 September 19th 03 03:39 AM