DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Under Floor Heating (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/110149-under-floor-heating.html)

Doug_Quaid0 June 17th 05 11:12 AM

Under Floor Heating

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with under floor heating?

What type? Pipe heated or electric?
How does it compare to conventional central heating systems? What the Pros and Cons, etc?

All help gratefully received

Doug

HeatMan June 17th 05 12:41 PM

Aren't you the same one that asked about the "Micro-Bore" system?

"Doug_Quaid0" wrote in message

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with under floor heating?

I do a lot of radiant heat.

What type? Pipe heated or electric?

I can do either, but I like the water stuff better.

How does it compare to conventional central heating systems? What the
Pros and Cons, etc?

It's more costly than forced air to install and get it right. You really
need a trained person to do it or help you do it. It turns the selected
surfaces into radiantors that can heat the entire house if you want. The
energy needed to heat the house is less than forced air.

Tony Hwang June 17th 05 03:26 PM

Doug_Quaid0 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with under floor heating?

What type? Pipe heated or electric?
How does it compare to conventional central heating systems? What the
Pros and Cons, etc?

All help gratefully received

Doug

Hi,