Default Rehanging Old Lauan Sliding Closet Doors

The strangest thing has happened as I've repainted and renovated my
mother's 1973 ranch home. Even though I didn't tamper with any of the
sets of sliding closet doors in her bedrooms, when I attempted to
rehang them, they never slide right.

They knock into each other, off track of the new "separators" I bought
at HD. They won't roll at all...

Anyway, I'm on the last set, and one of the doors lacks a "roller"
(there are two rollers per door). So I bought what I thought was the
exact same generic roller at HD only to find that what I call the
"swing clearance" on the new one is at least 1/4" deeper than the
clearance on the old.

Does anyone know why you can't get replacement rollers for doors in a
cookie-cutter-common ranch home? I thought that since I have no choice
but buy what HD, Lowe's, etc. has to offer, I'd put the non-damaged
sliding door of the pair on the rear hanger and put the door with the
new, wider roller on the outside.

This has got to be the most minute and ultimately not life-changing
post I've ever made on this newsgroup, but if anyone knows why standard
hanger/rollers aren't available anymore, I'd appreciate hearing from
you.

Mort Guffman

You might have put the wrong rollers back on the doors. There is an
inside door roller and an outside door roller and they are different.
I made this mistake once and finally figured out why the dang doors
wouldn't work.