Old June 4th 05, 02:11 AM
Stubby

Default Sears repair parts no longer available!

Eons ago one of the big selling points by Sears was they guaranteed that
repair parts would be available. But I tried to get upper and lower
blade saddles for my grass catcher and both the web site and the local
part outlet say "no longer available". Don't buy Sears!

Old June 4th 05, 02:59 AM
Pop

"Stubby" wrote in
message ...
Eons ago one of the big selling points by Sears was
they guaranteed that repair parts would be available.
But I tried to get upper and lower blade saddles for
my grass catcher and both the web site and the local
part outlet say "no longer available". Don't buy
Sears!

Welllll, now, how old was this unit? I ran into the
same situation on my belt sander: gee, it was almost
new, too, bought in 1979! I finally had to fabricate
my own part for it.

Old June 4th 05, 03:19 AM
Pop

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:59:30 -0400, "Pop"
wrote:

"Stubby" wrote
in
message ...
Eons ago one of the big selling points by Sears was
they guaranteed that repair parts would be
available.
But I tried to get upper and lower blade saddles
for
my grass catcher and both the web site and the
local
part outlet say "no longer available". Don't buy
Sears!

Welllll, now, how old was this unit? I ran into the
same situation on my belt sander: gee, it was almost
new, too, bought in 1979! I finally had to fabricate
my own part for it.

What really ****es me off is Sears refusal to name
the original manufacturer so
you can try to track parts through them.
It's against their policy.

Hmm, that's not my experience. Try calling the repair
parts dept at a different store and see what they'll
tell you. Or try their weekend hours when a different
person is likely to man the phone lines. I've always
had decent luck chatting with the parts guys. Some
know, some don't, but I always eventually get my info
as long as I'm patient.
It's possible the people you talked to just didn't
know, either. Nowadays, it's pretty easy to tell, but
it wasn't always that way.

Pop

Old June 4th 05, 04:01 AM
David Merrill

Sears suppliers listing:

http://www.edgeta.org/sears.htm

David Merrill

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:59:30 -0400, "Pop"

snip...

Old June 4th 05, 06:54 PM
SN

What really ****es me off is Sears refusal to name
the original manufacturer so
you can try to track parts through them.
It's against their policy.

Compare the model number against this list for the original manufacturer:

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/C...an_Search.html
Old June 4th 05, 06:58 PM
Tony Hwang

SN wrote:

What really ****es me off is Sears refusal to name the original
manufacturer so
you can try to track parts through them.
It's against their policy.

Compare the model number against this list for the original manufacturer:

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/C...an_Search.html

Hmmm,
I quit going to Sears LONG time ago.
That kind of policy will kill themselves.
Tony
Old June 4th 05, 07:03 PM
G Henslee

Tony Hwang wrote:
SN wrote:

What really ****es me off is Sears refusal to name the original
manufacturer so
you can try to track parts through them.
It's against their policy.

Compare the model number against this list for the original manufacturer:

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/C...an_Search.html

Hmmm,
I quit going to Sears LONG time ago.
That kind of policy will kill themselves.
Tony

You go to OSH instead now? LOL I hear ya. I never set foot in the
place except to walk through it on the mall to get to the other side. I
get some garden stuff from OSH, but no tools etc..
Old June 4th 05, 11:17 PM
SN

wrote in message
Doesn't help much with a router.

OK, for those of you who are "google challenged" here's another list for
woodworkers:
http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Prefix.asp

Old June 5th 05, 01:00 AM
Pop

Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

So do murderers, thieves, hopped up headies, etc et
cetc etc etc etc etc.