Robert11

Default Rain Gutter Questions ?

Hello:

About to ask a few contractors over for quotes on adding rain gutters to
house. House is a typical split level
outside of Boston.

Know nothing about rain gutters.

What questions should I ask ?

Are there different "quality levels" ? e.g., Aluminum thickness, etc. ?

Is there a consensous as to the best brand(s) ?

Also, is there a best method of fastening the gutters with a particular
type of hardware that I should be requesting ?

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

tom

?

Is there a consensous as to the best brand(s) ?

Also, is there a best method of fastening the gutters with a particular

type of hardware that I should be requesting ?

Just be sure to get continuous or seamless gutters, as you don't want
to end up climbing a ladder often to apply sealant to all the joints.
As to fastening the gutter to the fascia, I'd recommend that the more
fasteners used, the less you'll have to worry about them. I like the
hidden type that attach to the inside of the gutter lip, and are
fastened with a screw into the fascia.

HeyBub

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

About to ask a few contractors over for quotes on adding rain gutters
to house. House is a typical split level
outside of Boston.

Know nothing about rain gutters.

They are almost commodity items - same material, construction, price. You
may end up choosing over collateral matters: payment terms or quality of
installation. On the latter, ask for references.

You might inquire as to leaf protection and play the cost and recommendation
against what it takes to clean the suckers (next week, next year, next
decade), because clean them out you will.

gutter repair--what a headache peter p. Home Repair 13 April 19th 05 02:18 PM
Gutter guards ! [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 20th 04 09:35 PM
Gutter screen barry martin Home Repair 2 August 28th 04 02:24 PM
gutter drip edge problems wgadsby Home Repair 1 October 24th 03 10:26 AM
gutter guards Bloated Elvis Home Repair 0 October 15th 03 03:42 AM