DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Dead" Kenmore washer repair Q (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108564-%22dead%22-kenmore-washer-repair-q.html)

GT May 30th 05 01:47 AM

"Dead" Kenmore washer repair Q

The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when
my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It
stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit
work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer /
dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and Happy Memorial Day...
GT

Edwin Pawlowski May 30th 05 02:06 AM

"GT" wrote in message
oups.com...
The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when
my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It
stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit
work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer /
dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and Happy Memorial Day...
GT

All I know is that on our Amana it says not to adjust the level control
during a cycle. I have not done it and have no idea what will happen.

Simple thing to try though: Turn the timer to off manually. Start the cycle
from the beginning.

Tony Hwang May 30th 05 05:07 AM

GT wrote:

The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when
my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It
stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit
work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer /
dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and Happy Memorial Day...
GT

Hi,
Unplug the washer. Wait ~5 mins. Plug back in and see what happens.
Tony

Appliance Repair Aid May 30th 05 12:39 PM

GT wrote:
The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when
my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It
stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit
work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer /
dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated.
TIA and Happy Memorial Day...
GT

Hi,

The above older machine

Model#??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

It
stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit
work.

You checked the washers outlet with something like a radio/lamp?

machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when
my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It
stopped dead.

Doing so -normally- would not make the washer go dead.
http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#WLC
How a WLC works.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

BobK207 May 31st 05 05:52 AM

I have an older medium sized Kenmore (1987) & i'm aways messing with
the water level 7 load size with no ill effects (so far)

Maybe just a conincidence?

cheers
Bob