DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Double pocket doors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108528-double-pocket-doors.html)

Don May 28th 05 07:25 PM

Double pocket doors

I am in the process of installing two 18"pocket doors in my closet. I was
wondering if there was a standard method of "stopping them" so they do not
over run from each end and make them stop in the middle when opened?

==== [------]
[------]====

Thanks
Don

Don Wiss May 28th 05 10:06 PM

On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:25:59 GMT, Don wrote:

I am in the process of installing two 18"pocket doors in my closet. I was
wondering if there was a standard method of "stopping them" so they do not
over run from each end and make them stop in the middle when opened?

Opened? Or closed?

My 114 year old pocket doors have stops in the middle. Here is a picture of
one of them: http://donwiss.com/PocketDoorStop.jpg

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

CR May 28th 05 10:42 PM

"Don" wrote in message
m...
I am in the process of installing two 18"pocket doors in my closet. I was
wondering if there was a standard method of "stopping them" so they do not
over run from each end and make them stop in the middle when opened?

Thanks
Don

Some use a stop in the middle of the top jam, others use a stop on the back
side of the door that hits the jam but can be swiveled up and out of the way
with a knife to let the door come out far enough to be removed.
Don't scrimp on cheap hardware or you will fight them forever.

CR