DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need rust repair advise (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108511-need-rust-repair-advise.html)

Kevin May 28th 05 02:42 AM

Need rust repair advise

I have a couple hundred feet of chain link fencing that I need
to replace since it's pretty well done in from rust. It took about
thirteen years to get this way.

I'm using the same poles but putting up new chain link. Some
of the poles have some surface rust that has developed on
them. Can someone advise me as to what would be a good
product to use to keep the rust from coming back after I
remove it? Thanks.....

Ron May 28th 05 04:53 AM

"Extend"

Auto parts stores carry it. It is used for rust/bodywork on old cars.

Mikepier May 28th 05 12:21 PM

I would just use Rust-Oleum.

Backlash May 28th 05 12:24 PM

Cold galvanizing compound in spray can. It is some tough stuff, but it will
look like primer on the surface. I use it on our chain link fencing for our
bulk gas plant for touchups each year.

RJ

.. .