DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vinyl Siding and Sliding door install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108395-vinyl-siding-sliding-door-install.html)

John Sheehy May 23rd 05 09:02 PM

Vinyl Siding and Sliding door install

Hello,

I am going to be installing a new pella sliding door and taking out an
older one of the same approximate size. I need to figure out how to take
the vinyl siding off or bend/move it back far enough to get the nailing fin
of the new door underneath the vinyl siding and allow me to nail it to the
frame. I've put in a entry door before, but I didn't need to touch the
siding. Are there any tutorials on siding? Thanks in advance.

Edwin Pawlowski May 23rd 05 09:09 PM

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
Hello,

I am going to be installing a new pella sliding door and taking out an
older one of the same approximate size. I need to figure out how to take
the vinyl siding off or bend/move it back far enough to get the nailing
fin of the new door underneath the vinyl siding and allow me to nail it to
the frame. I've put in a entry door before, but I didn't need to touch
the siding. Are there any tutorials on siding? Thanks in advance.

Is there trim around the door? In my case, removing the trim next to the
siding was all that I needed to do. If you don't have trim I don't have
clue.

Colbyt May 23rd 05 11:02 PM

"John Sheehy" wrote in message
Hello,

I am going to be installing a new pella sliding door and taking out an
older one of the same approximate size. I need to figure out how to take
the vinyl siding off or bend/move it back far enough to get the nailing

fin
of the new door underneath the vinyl siding and allow me to nail it to the
frame. I've put in a entry door before, but I didn't need to touch the
siding. Are there any tutorials on siding? Thanks in advance.

How is the current door trimmed out? Is there j-channel next to wood frame?
Or does the siding run right up to the glass door unit? Is this somewhat new
construction or was vinyl added to an older home?

One way might be simple. The other is going to make the job more time
consuming.

Either way it is a doable DIY project

Colbyt