DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone experience with Stamped Concrete in Upstate NY? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108348-anyone-experience-stamped-concrete-upstate-ny.html)

DJ May 22nd 05 01:03 PM

Anyone experience with Stamped Concrete in Upstate NY?

Hi,

We are considering having this product installed. I'm sure it works
fine in mild climates but am not sure of longer term durability in
Upstate NY weather - snow, rain, ice, heat, hail, etc....

Any opinions are welcomed.

Edwin Pawlowski May 22nd 05 03:41 PM

"DJ" wrote in message
Hi,

We are considering having this product installed. I'm sure it works fine
in mild climates but am not sure of longer term durability in Upstate NY
weather - snow, rain, ice, heat, hail, etc....

Any opinions are welcomed.

I was at a graduation party yesterday. They had stamped concrete around the
pool area as the patio. Looked damned good and was about 8 years old in
central MA. I see no reason it would not work in NY. You have sidewalks
don't you? Same material.

TP May 22nd 05 04:04 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"DJ" wrote in message

Hi,

We are considering having this product installed. I'm sure it works fine
in mild climates but am not sure of longer term durability in Upstate NY
weather - snow, rain, ice, heat, hail, etc....

Any opinions are welcomed.

I was at a graduation party yesterday. They had stamped concrete around the
pool area as the patio. Looked damned good and was about 8 years old in
central MA. I see no reason it would not work in NY. You have sidewalks
don't you? Same material.

If you look at some of the new road construction, they use
stamped concrete in the road medians and crosswalks. Upstate NY,
Buffalo, Rochester & Syracuse. I’ve seen it around swimming
pools and gardens. Everywhere it has had a shinning sealer on
it. Not sure how well that sealer holds up…