Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob

Default humane and safe bird removal

Birds are nesting in the attic of a duplex I manage for my sister. Entrance
is through round halls(about 3" in diameter) cut into the walls of the house
just below the roofline. At one time all the holes were covered with screen
mesh. Over the years the mesh has disappeared from some of the holes and
there are starlings nesting in the attic.

What would be the most humane and safest method to use to get the starlings
to leave the attic without harming them? Also is this the time of year when
they are having baby birds and if so when would that period end. I will be
able to nail up new screening just as soon as the birds are out, so I will
not have to worry about them returning.

Thank you,

Bob