Matt

Default Lightbulb paint

Hey all -

I googled for this, and got a couple hits, but thought I would ask
here.

I finally got my 1A2 phone system up and running..... and now it's time
to 'customize' it.

I'm thinking I want the lights to be blue instead of clear. When I was
a kid, I remember buying light bulb paint at radio shack; wondering if
anyone here knows where this could be obtained nowadays.

If I can't find that, I'm thinking I could also get something working
with something like the gels they use in fresnel lights.

Or any other ideas? These are pretty small bulbs, but also very bright.
Heat won't be an issue.

Thanks
Matt

Don Klipstein

In art. . com, Matt wrote:

I googled for this, and got a couple hits, but thought I would ask
here.

I finally got my 1A2 phone system up and running..... and now it's time
to 'customize' it.

I'm thinking I want the lights to be blue instead of clear. When I was
a kid, I remember buying light bulb paint at radio shack; wondering if
anyone here knows where this could be obtained nowadays.

If I can't find that, I'm thinking I could also get something working
with something like the gels they use in fresnel lights.

Or any other ideas? These are pretty small bulbs, but also very bright.
Heat won't be an issue.

If you are sure they don't get truly hot to the touch, then you can use
"Colorine", available at some theater supply shops.

Otherwise learn how to use LEDs there (connect DC only and only through
a resistor of the proper value and wattage, don't try to match voltage to
avoid a resistor), and get blue LEDs.

More on powering LEDs: http://www.misty.com/~don/ledd.html

- Don Klipstein )
Art Todesco

I used to buy a product in little bottles that was
made for painting glass, like for
stained glass hobby. I used it on mini Christmas
lights to intensify the color after
they fade out. This sounds silly, but if the
lights are part of a decoration, it's easier
to paint a bulb than to change it out. BTW, reds
always fade to pink real fast.
Anyway, that product disappeared from the market.
There is another hobby
paint for "stained glass" available. It is latex.
It comes in both clear and crystal.
And, it really doesn't work too well. So, if
anyone knows of a good product,
I too, am interested.

Jim Yanik wrote:
wrote in
:

On 17 May 2005 16:41:32 -0700, "Matt" wrote:

Hey all -

I googled for this, and got a couple hits, but thought I would ask
here.

I finally got my 1A2 phone system up and running..... and now it's time
to 'customize' it.

I'm thinking I want the lights to be blue instead of clear. When I was
a kid, I remember buying light bulb paint at radio shack; wondering if
anyone here knows where this could be obtained nowadays.

If I can't find that, I'm thinking I could also get something working
with something like the gels they use in fresnel lights.

Or any other ideas? These are pretty small bulbs, but also very bright.
Heat won't be an issue.

Thanks
Matt

Christmas light bulbs !!!!!!!!

Lacquer? Maybe like for model airplanes?

J O E

Some auto supply stores used to have bulb paint specifically for
instrument lights - mostly in blue or amber.

If you choose to go the LED route, as Don suggests, you may find this
resistor calculator helpful ---

http://d21c.com/krnspn/HTML/LEDresistorcalc.html

Joe

JustDave

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
. ..
I used to buy a product in little bottles that was made for painting glass,
like for
stained glass hobby. I used it on mini Christmas lights to intensify the
color after
they fade out. This sounds silly, but if the lights are part of a
decoration, it's easier
to paint a bulb than to change it out. BTW, reds always fade to pink real
fast.
Anyway, that product disappeared from the market. There is another hobby
paint for "stained glass" available. It is latex. It comes in both clear
and crystal.
And, it really doesn't work too well. So, if anyone knows of a good
product,
I too, am interested.

Jim Yanik wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

Try nail polish. Lacquer in lots of colors. Find it cheap at a Dollar store.

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Hardinge Paint Purchase (long) [email protected] Metalworking 2 April 21st 05 07:28 PM
Camp Painting help Needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 14 February 19th 05 10:17 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM