DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Window seals shot (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108088-window-seals-shot-re.html)

FREECYCLEMOM May 12th 05 11:18 PM

Window seals shot

stranraerscot at gmail dot com
"Charles Spitzer" wrote in
message ...

"FREECYCLEMOM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone. Newbie here. We are in the process of preparing our
house for sale.

All our "new" windows installed have blown and are all fogged up.
We
can't afford to replace them all and they are out of warranty.

Ok to my problem. We have 3 of the glass from pation doors
installed
as windows in a sunroom my husband built. The seal is shot on them
too, but is much more obvious because of course, they get the sun
every day and you can see water condensing and running in them.

Is there a way to get the water out? If we drilled a hole in the
outside pane would the whole window shatter? Or would just the
outside one shatter?

Thanks for any input.

--
Helen Peagram

stranraerscot at gmail dot com

the glass may be tempered, in which case, drilling them would
shatter them.

you could drill a hole in the frame and the material between the
edges of the glass, but not much would come out, if anything.

I know it would shatter, but would both panes shatter or would just
the one being drilled shatter?

--
Helen Peagram

Charles Spitzer May 12th 05 11:44 PM

"FREECYCLEMOM" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

only the one that you're drilling, unless something hit the other one hard
enough, then both. that would be unlikely though. you'd be finding pieces of
glass from that forever, though, as it's more of an explosion instead of
just shattering in place.

Tony Hwang May 13th 05 12:00 AM

FREECYCLEMOM wrote:
stranraerscot at gmail dot com
"Charles Spitzer" wrote in
message ...

"FREECYCLEMOM" wrote in message
groups.com...

[...]

Hmmm,
Trying to cheat?
Feel sorry for you.
Tony

Harry K May 13th 05 01:50 AM

FREECYCLEMOM wrote:
[...]

The bad news is that once the seal breaks and the glass fogs, there is
nothing at all you can do about it. The choices are live with it or
replace the panes (you don't have to replace the entire window).

Harry K