Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jay

Default on/off behavior of Honeywll CT3500/CT3595 thermostat

I recently installed a Honewell programmable thermostat. The manual says
"model number CT3500/CT3595". While this device seems to keep the house at
the target temperature, I find it odd that it can turns on when the
temperatue is already stated as being the target temperature. Note: I have
"Smart Response" DISABLED.

A "Hunter" programmable thermostat that I used to own, had a clearly
understanable algorithm for turning on/off. The Hunter device would call
for cooling if the temperature hit 1 degree above the intended temperature
for, say 10 seconds. The Hunter device would then shut off the system if
the temperature got 1 degree below the intended temperature for, say, 10
seconds.

I don't understand the algorithm for the Honewell. It seems odd that it
would call for cooling if the room temperature is already at the target
temperature. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they designed it that
way. I'm just hoping that during extreme weather, this Honeywell device
isn't going to be causing the system to cycle on/off more than necessary.

J.