May 10th 05 03:48 AM

AC making high pitched sound

My home AC system is making a high pitched sound down around the area where the air filter goes, ive taken the cover off and can confirm its the rotating fan motor thingy that pulls the air into the ducts that go off into the house. Is there a general maint for this motor? Whats advised?

TURTLE May 10th 05 04:57 AM

wrote in message news:8iVfe.67790$r53.3712@attbi_s21...
My home AC system is making a high pitched sound down around the area where
the air filter goes, ive taken the cover off and can confirm its the rotating
fan motor thingy that pulls the air into the ducts that go off into the house.
Is there a general maint for this motor? Whats advised?

This is Turtle.

Remove the blower and oil the motor before the bearing finish eating up.

TURTLE

HvacTech2 May 10th 05 05:51 AM

Hi , hope you are having a nice day

On 09-May-05 At About 21:48:36, wrote to All
Subject: AC making high pitched sound

My home AC system is making a high pitched sound down around the area
where the air filter goes, ive taken the cover off and can confirm
its the rotating fan motor thingy that pulls the air into the ducts
that go off into the house. Is there a general maint for this motor?
Whats advised

It could be that the blower motor needs to be oiled. some don't have oil
ports though so it is hard to say. is this belt drive? it may be best to have
that maint. done by the co. that services your system.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "....give me a second...I'm thinking!!!"

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

stretch May 10th 05 03:14 PM

It might be that the filter is too dirty or restrictive and the air is
making that noise. Or the grille may be whistling. Or the filter may
fit in the housing poorly, and air is bypassing it, making noise in the
process.

Pull the filter out, see if the noise goes away. If the noise remains,
oil the blower motor with 20 grade non detergent oil.

Stretch