DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   T568A Wiring Scheme (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/107635-t568a-wiring-scheme.html)

Bishoop May 8th 05 01:09 PM

T568A Wiring Scheme

If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack,
which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

Bishoop May 8th 05 01:33 PM

"Bishoop" wrote in message
If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack,
which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

I found the answer at:

http://www.aptcommunications.com/ncode.htm

Thanks....

Herb Stein May 8th 05 03:07 PM

"Bishoop" wrote in message
If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack,
which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

In either 568A or 568B, pin 4 is Blue (Ring) and pin 5 (Tip) is Blue/White.

--
Herb Stein

djay May 8th 05 03:25 PM

"Bishoop" wrote in message
If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack,
which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

I'm not sure you are asking the right question.

Are you using the telephone wire for Ethernet? Tip and ring refer to pairs
of wires - transmit tip and transmit ring and receive tip and receive ring
etc.
Standard telephone wire (typically cat 3) will not run 100MBPS ethernet that
is typical today.

Djay

Bishoop May 8th 05 05:40 PM

"djay" wrote in message

"Bishoop" wrote in message
If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack,
which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

I'm not sure you are asking the right question.

Are you using the telephone wire for Ethernet? Tip and ring refer to
pairs of wires - transmit tip and transmit ring and receive tip and
receive ring etc.
Standard telephone wire (typically cat 3) will not run 100MBPS ethernet
that is typical today.

Djay

No, I'm using cat5 wire and eight pin jacks for telephone and 100baseT
Ethernet. Using them for the phone just because I have them.

I just wasn't sure which pins matched up with telephone tip and ring in the
T568A configuration.

Thanks....