DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ants in the Dishwasher (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/107255-ants-dishwasher.html)

Ian May 7th 05 05:04 PM

Ants in the Dishwasher

Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive the
rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

Thanks,,

Ian

Tony Hwang May 7th 05 05:27 PM

Ian wrote:

Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive the
rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

Thanks,,

Ian

Hi,
Eating ants is good for you. How about diverting them by placing a small
plate with little honey on it near the washer.
See what happens. I never tired but an idea.
Tony
Calgary

Lar May 7th 05 06:14 PM

In article ,
says...
:) Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
:) of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive the
:) rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.
:)
:) Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
:) my kitchen of this scourge?
:)
:) Thanks,,
:)
:) Ian
:)
:)
:)
They won't be getting inside until after the washing is done. Depending
on the ant species may determine what's easiest to do ranging from baits
to looking outside the home for a nest against the foundation that may
need addressing.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS

Chuck B. May 7th 05 11:40 PM

Ian wrote:

Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive the
rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

Thanks,,

Ian

They probably have a nest UNDER the washer. Try spraying an ant killer
under the machine and putting one of those ant traps at the bottom of
the cover that goes along the front. Worked for me.

MUADIB® May 8th 05 05:30 AM

AMDRO

Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive the
rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

Thanks,,

Ian

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

Rudy May 8th 05 08:45 AM

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

I'd say they are UNDER the D/W. Try taking the lower panel off and putting
a sticky pad insect catcher under there. If they are, use AMDRO (sp).
Its a type of bait they take back to the anthill thats supposed to "kill em
all".

It would be a good idea to try and find where they are getting into the
house from outside and doing some serious caulking/sealing too

B-Hate-Me May 8th 05 02:57 PM

"Ian" wrote in message
. ..
Spring has finally arrived in Toronto and I once again have an infestation
of ants in my Whirlpool dishwasher. I don't understand how they survive
the
rinse. I figured they'd be washed down the drain, problem over.

Any idea of why they continue to flourish, an more importantly, how to rid
my kitchen of this scourge?

Thanks,,

Try pouring about 10 gallons of gasoline down the drain.

Next. Light it.

They'll be gone.

Thanks