DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sub-Zero Freezer Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/106798-sub-zero-freezer-problem.html)

gaflt May 20th 05 01:48 PM

Sub-Zero Freezer Problem

I have a Sub-Zero 550 and Ice seems to build up on the right side of the bottom freezer. I opened the above panel which connects to the drain. The water that seems to drain freezes and leaks on the inside. does anyone know what maybe causing this?

thanks..

Appliance Repair Aid May 20th 05 10:30 PM

--
gaflt

Hi,

Ice seems to build up on the right side of the
bottom freezer.

Clear ice like an ice cube? If yes, defrost drain may be
clogged/restricted and the defrost water is leaking inside.....soem
have had problems with the drain freezing over and a heater kit can be
added to help...

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=753861
Freezer drain heater kit with installation guide tube and instructions.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/