DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Convert generator to nat. gas question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/106782-convert-generator-nat-gas-question.html)

Joe May 6th 05 02:41 AM

Convert generator to nat. gas question

I bought a 5000 watt Coleman Powermate PM0525312 generator with a Tecumseh
HM80-100 engine on it from Sam's Club. I would like to convert the engine
to be able to run on gasoline or natural gas. There is an outfit on the web
called US Carburetion Co. I sent them an email for information on their
product to do this, but they never answered back. Do any of you out there
know of a company's that sell these kind of kits to do this? Have any of
you ever converted your generators? What's your opinion of doing this to my
model of generator? Thanks for your help.

Paul Franklin May 6th 05 06:06 AM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 01:41:36 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

I bought a 5000 watt Coleman Powermate PM0525312 generator with a Tecumseh
HM80-100 engine on it from Sam's Club. I would like to convert the engine
to be able to run on gasoline or natural gas. There is an outfit on the web
called US Carburetion Co. I sent them an email for information on their
product to do this, but they never answered back. Do any of you out there
know of a company's that sell these kind of kits to do this? Have any of
you ever converted your generators? What's your opinion of doing this to my
model of generator? Thanks for your help.

Check out http://www.nooutage.com/

Haven't dealt with them, but they have all sorts of generator related
stuff, including fuel conversion kits, as well as alternative energy
source items.

Insert usual disclaimer....

HTH,

Paul