DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   (Faux?) Wood Flooring Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/105418-faux-wood-flooring-question.html)

Suzie-Q April 30th 05 08:55 AM

(Faux?) Wood Flooring Question

I'm helping to set up a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter where there has
been installed a new (?) type of floor that I've never seen before.
It looks very nice, like a medium-colored (darker than pine) wood
grain. It's also textured. I suspect that's supposed to make it slip-proof
or, at least, slip resistant. I've never seen a wood floor that
wasn't smooth.

I was thinking that this would be great in a home with dogs. They
wouldn't slide on the floors like they do now.

Has anyone heard of this type of floor? What is it called? Is it
available for homes or just commercially?

Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

Joseph Meehan April 30th 05 11:12 AM

Suzie-Q wrote:
I'm helping to set up a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter where there has
been installed a new (?) type of floor that I've never seen before.
It looks very nice, like a medium-colored (darker than pine) wood
grain. It's also textured. I suspect that's supposed to make it
slip-proof or, at least, slip resistant. I've never seen a wood floor
that
wasn't smooth.

I was thinking that this would be great in a home with dogs. They
wouldn't slide on the floors like they do now.

Why would you not want the dogs to slide around. It's great
entertainment. My cats love doing it. One cat I had a habit of tricking
the dog into chasing it and then it would make a quick turn right before the
wall. The dog was not so quick so it slammed into the wall every time. She
never learned. I guess she hit her head too often. :-)

Has anyone heard of this type of floor? What is it called? Is it
available for homes or just commercially?

It sounds like any of a number of laminate floors. You might even find
it in their home improvement area.

Thanks in advance.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

m Ransley April 30th 05 12:20 PM

Its new from china

Steve B. April 30th 05 03:20 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:55:36 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

I was thinking that this would be great in a home with dogs. They
wouldn't slide on the floors like they do now.

Has anyone heard of this type of floor? What is it called? Is it
available for homes or just commercially?

Thanks in advance.

I have seen textured laminate floor in the Home Depot or Lowes down
here in FL. I also like the look and have been considering it for
the bedroom. The only down side I can see is that dirt might
accumulate in the spaces and make it harder to clean.

Steve B.