DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Grout curing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104868-grout-curing.html)

jeffc April 27th 05 01:16 PM

Grout curing

I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before
applying. How long does that normally take?

Bill Waller April 27th 05 02:12 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:16:40 GMT, "jeffc" wrote:

I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before
applying. How long does that normally take?

Just finished a bathroom replacement. The tile guy told me to wait 24 hours
before applying the sealer. I did. That was last week and everything seems to
be okay, so far.

____________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

CanadianCowboy April 27th 05 02:17 PM

Less than 48 hours !!!

Charles Spitzer April 27th 05 06:04 PM

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...
I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before
applying. How long does that normally take?

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

jeffc April 28th 05 01:25 AM

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...
I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before
applying. How long does that normally take?

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

You mean the one the builder of the house threw away before I moved in? I
know that paint has a drying time and also a curing time. I thought it
might be similar for grout, with a curing time being something like 3 weeks.
But I guess not.....

G Henslee April 28th 05 03:53 AM

jeffc wrote:
I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before
applying. How long does that normally take?

A day or two, then seal it.

Charles Spitzer April 28th 05 06:24 PM

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...
I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new
construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured
before applying. How long does that normally take?

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

You mean the one the builder of the house threw away before I moved in? I
know that paint has a drying time and also a curing time. I thought it
might be similar for grout, with a curing time being something like 3
weeks. But I guess not.....

they have bags at home dept. for that matter, they have the instructions
online

http://www.google.com/search?q=curin...en-US:official

the first link is
http://www.thetiledoctor.com/install...t_grouting.cfm

which contains the quote " The commonly recommended curing time for Portland
cement grouts is 72 hours. "

google is your friend