DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adding a lights question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104495-adding-lights-question.html)

donald April 25th 05 05:43 PM

adding a lights question

I have a couple or florescent lights I want to put in my garage. I currently
have a single standard bulb light fixture installed. What do I use to
connect a surface mount box over the existing recessed box?

Thanks

AlanBown April 25th 05 06:25 PM

"donald" wrote in message
I have a couple or florescent lights I want to put in my garage. I

currently
have a single standard bulb light fixture installed. What do I use to
connect a surface mount box over the existing recessed box?

Thanks

Their are extension rings available for most common boxes. They have knock
outs in the sides, sort of ceiling level for conduit.

Last one I did there was a knock out in the back of the surface fluorescent
that matched the single gang box by adding a couple of screw holes.