DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bedroom above garage...friggin cold in winter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104148-bedroom-above-garage-friggin-cold-winter.html)

Chuck April 24th 05 12:58 AM

Bedroom above garage...friggin cold in winter

Hi all,
My bedroom is above my garage and this winter I could not keep
warm...the roof is plastered and I bet there is little if any insulation
in the ceiling.
Anyone have any advice re type of insulation, R value etc need...and
vapour barrier?
All advice appreciated and accepted.
Dont want to be a brass monkey next winter :-)

Thank you,
Chuck

stretch April 24th 05 02:16 AM

R-30 to R-38 in the attic, R-13 in the walls and R-19 in the floor.
Also make sure your heating system has enough air flow to that room to
do the job. That requires a load calculation and some type of air
measuring device like a flow hood.

Stretch