DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zoned heat-pump and backup heat strip question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104059-zoned-heat-pump-backup-heat-strip-question.html)

Abe April 23rd 05 03:35 PM

Zoned heat-pump and backup heat strip question

I have a zoned, heat-pump system with two zones. The thermostats are
both pretty basic and don't indicate if/when the backup heat strips
are on, which is something I'd like to know. Does the zone controller
indicate when the strips are on? I assume there's a signal there I
could tap to get some indication.

** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to
** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.

PrecisionMachinisT April 24th 05 08:08 AM

"Abe" wrote in message
I have a zoned, heat-pump system with two zones. The thermostats are
both pretty basic and don't indicate if/when the backup heat strips
are on, which is something I'd like to know. Does the zone controller
indicate when the strips are on? I assume there's a signal there I
could tap to get some indication.

Pretty sure you could simply connect a led between the "C" and "Wxxx" wires
at the air handler.

Or at the stat(s) ( provided the "C" wire has been run to them )

Others might chime in....

--

SVL

Abe April 26th 05 01:54 AM

Thanks! I took some digital photos of the zone controller with the
connection cover removed so I could study it.