Borax

Default stucco cracked

Help!

I just stuccoed my backyard bbq island. I used La Habra stucco over
wonderboard, mixed to mfg directions. Put 1 coat on about 3/8" thick.
weather about 80F, no direct sun. Now, about 2 hours after installing
there are numerous hairline cracks all over. What can be done?

Is there some sort of elastomeric product to paint it with?

Chuck Norris

Borax wrote:
Help!

I just stuccoed my backyard bbq island. I used La Habra stucco over
wonderboard, mixed to mfg directions. Put 1 coat on about 3/8" thick.
weather about 80F, no direct sun. Now, about 2 hours after installing
there are numerous hairline cracks all over. What can be done?

Is there some sort of elastomeric product to paint it with?

spray light coat of water every few hours so it will dry s-l-o-w-l-y.
not enuf to wash off stucco.
Borax

I'm doing that already. I think it "set" sooner than I expected. I am
thinking about mixing up a thin batch of stucco to do something like a
1/8" topcoat to fill tomorrow.

Thoughts?

BobK207

Stucco is supposed to be applied to the structure in three coats. The
first always cracks, the sebsequent ones coverf the craks.

cheers
Bob

G Henslee

Borax wrote:
Help!

I just stuccoed my backyard bbq island. I used La Habra stucco over
wonderboard, mixed to mfg directions. Put 1 coat on about 3/8" thick.
weather about 80F, no direct sun. Now, about 2 hours after installing
there are numerous hairline cracks all over. What can be done?

Is there some sort of elastomeric product to paint it with?

Buy a bag of 'dash' mix and apply it. It will fill the cracks. And you
can choose from a variety of colors.

Rudy

I just stuccoed my backyard bbq island. I used La Habra stucco over
wonderboard, mixed to mfg directions. Put 1 coat on about 3/8" thick.
weather about 80F, no direct sun. Now, about 2 hours after installing
there are numerous hairline cracks all over. What can be done?

Thats the nature of stucco. Let it sit for a couple of weeks to cure and
finish cracking, then put another skincoat or texture coat over top.