DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Epoxy injected Concrete Crack repair in basement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/103360-epoxy-injected-concrete-crack-repair-basement.html)

Jay Stutzmann April 15th 05 03:04 AM

Epoxy injected Concrete Crack repair in basement

I was recently told that I needed to repair a crack in my basement wall
[poured concrete] with an epoxy injection. How much does something like
that cost?

Robert Allison April 15th 05 03:24 AM

Jay Stutzmann wrote:

I was recently told that I needed to repair a crack in my basement wall
[poured concrete] with an epoxy injection. How much does something like
that cost?

Depends on the size of the crack, preparation, whether it is
horizontal or vertical, and a few other unknowns.

Basically, the crack must be prepped by cleaning and dust
removal. Then the epoxy is mixed and injected into the crack
in an attempt to fill the voids entirely with the mixture.
This is a structural repair and is designed to bring the wall
back to its original strength.

Lets say that it is easy to get to, there will not be much
cleanup after the repair and the crack is 6' long
horizontally. That repair would cost about $600. You can go
up from there.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.